Friday, January 20, 2017

Almay Intense I-Color Party Brights - Green Eyes - Review


I scored the above Almay Intense I-Color Party Brights for green eyes for a mere $2.19 after coupon (in the January Coupon booklet - take $2 off Almay Cosmetics - coupon is good through 1/28/17),  The product also comes in cases for brown, blue and hazel eyes.
Photo:  Almay's website
 The case has an interesting design and it is set up to take the guesswork out of picking out colors for contouring that go together to highlight your eye color.  Although I only have a bit of olive green color around my pupils, it does seem to highlight at color. 

 Although the curved wand that fits in the upper right side of the case is unique and different, it also feels awkward in applying but will work so you can carry the case even in a small purse, but as I use at home I use a different wand or brush.


Here is the back of the package the shows how to apply, but as the predominant color in the case is shaped like an eye, it is rather self-explanatory.  


Here is a swatch of the colors.  I would try them on and take a picture, but I just waxed my eyebrows and the area is still red and tender.

On this case for green eyes, the main color is a shimmery gold. For a daytime look, you can just apply as normal and it is will be fine, but if you want a look for later, you are probably going to want to apply more.

The contour is a dark purple and is more of a night-time look and if you want to wear it during the day, you are probably going to want to use a light hand and blend, blend, blend or you will look very made up.

The highlight color is a light champagne color with subtle shimmer.  It doesn't look like you have put it on if you look straight on in the mirror, but if you turn your head, you can  see how it catches the light a bit,   I think just a bit for day or night would be appropriate, but I also use a bit on the center of my eyelid to open up that area.




No comments:

Post a Comment