Sunday, December 4, 2016

Intentional "Ugly" Christmas Sweaters

In recent years, the "Ugly" Christmas sweater that is overly decorated and has become popular and even now a theme for Holiday parties.  Here is a roundup of ones spotted while shopping this Christmas Holiday.

TARGET

All of the below were in the Men's Department.  I guess Target thinks we gals can come up with gaudy all on our own. 

Target has an "Ugly Sweater Kit" where you can design your own ugly sweater using an enclosed base sweater and additions you choose to make your own shade of ugly.  

They also have some pre-made like a penguin and a Santa with Sunglasses.  

This one is funny and something I can picture a guy actually wearing

KROGER

I think these are intended to be "Unisex".  The Santa one would be funny on skinny people, but probably not flattering if a little chunkier, so I don't know if that would mean it is a winner or not.

WALMART

These two were in the MENS department, The disco ball with the dancing reindeer and Santa is a cheesy cool, but the one with the fake tie on the right is on the hideous side and might win a guy the ugly prize.

More MENS department gems

This is in the Men's department, but I almost bought one to cut out the front and put on a sweatshirt (and may still).


The pink one wanted to come home with me too.

I have one that is similar to the middle top one that I have had for about 10 years, way before they were considered kitschy cute.

I

I like the red one too.

The "Oh Snap" with the Gingerbread man broken off foot is both funny and creepy.

Have any ugly sweater links to share?  Please leave them in the comments section.

Thanks for checking out my blog which is still a work in process.

2 comments:

  1. Do you want to spread the Christmas cheer or want to join in the tradition of wearing an ugly christmas sweater? Then make sure to snug all the swooping Ugly Christmas sweater sales 2018.

    ReplyDelete