Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sinful Colors - Kandee Johnson for Sinful Colors in Pink Velvet Sugar


I am a follower of Youtuber/Makeup Artist Kandee Johnson and this is the 2nd nail polish purchase from her collection I have purchased.  I purchased this polish for at 1.99 at my local Meijers superstore.

The shade Pink Velvet, a hot pink/rose matte shade with a "Sugar" texture that is sparkly and had a texture like a fine sugar.  

Although Zoya nail polish seemed to be the originator of the textured nail polish trend they called "Pixie Dust", it only has half a dozen shades, none of the colors are in any shade close to this one and I found them to be a lot thicker and more gritty and 3 times the price, although I am a fan of Zoya polish as well (just not this their "Pixie Dust" line).


In the picture below I used two coats of the polish.  I tried 3 coats and found it tended to chip a lot easier.  Even with the two coats, as Sinful Colors is more a bargain brand you will need to touch up the ends every other day or so and it can last a week or two.   



Swatch on white paper



No comments:

Post a Comment