Monday, March 27, 2017

Urban Decay Brow Box - Brown Sugar - Review

I had blogged about the $9 sale on Urban Decay's Brow Box, which normally cost $30 and I decided to order it to check it out and purchased the "Brown Sugar" Duo, which is slightly darker than the "Honey Pot" that they offer as I have my hair dyed a dark color.

"Honey Pot looks to be more for blondes and "Brown Sugar" for Brunettes.  I ordered it online and it took 1 week for it to arrive.

I didn't take any pictures before I trying it, but inside are the two brow powders, which ar at the top, and the wax, which is at the bottom.  There is a normal mirror above.

It did not come with instructions, or if they were on the box it was too dark and too small for me to read.  I only know from purchasing an ELF brow kit that the wax in the past, the wax should go on first and you should use both colors to dab on your eyebrows to fill areas that you need for a more natural look.

The top level opened easily.

The bottom level has a magnifying mirror on the top, two brushes, which probably one is for the was and the other for the powder, and a tiny pair of tweezers.  The brushes work great, but the tweezers take a little getting used to as they are so tiny, but they do work.  

One problem I did had was opening up the bottom level.  I end up having to put my thumb nail under the lever to get it to open, which is a hassle.


Below is a pic of the product in use on my eyebrows, which are very thin before.  I had heard somewhere that your eyebrows don't need to look like twins, just sisters, for a natural appearance, so that is what I was going for.

The colors are highly pigmented and glide on easily.

The picture is a close-up, but from a distance, it looks much more natural than in this photo, but overall it looks fairly natural.  Normally my eyebrows are very thin so to me it was a drastic change, but the only comment I got after doing this was someone asked if I had done something with my hair.



Pros:

  • Small, compact all-in-one brown kit.
  • The case has 2 different shades, one wax, two brushes and a small pair of tweezers.
  • The case has two mirrors, one regular and one magnifying
  • The colors are highly pigmented and glide on easily.
  • Produces fairly natural look 


Cons:
  • Bottom level tends to stick and hard to open.  Because of this reaching for an eyebrow pencil instead is quicker and easier.
  • If purchased when not on sale, would be $30.
  • No instructions (or if there were there, box is too dark and lettering too small to read,
Summary: 

To me, the kit was worth $9, but I doubt I would pay $30 when there are similar products on the market that are much less expensive.


If you place an order on Urban Decay's site, please be sure to sign up for the UD Junkies, which is free, to get free shipping and earn points

No comments:

Post a Comment