Sunday, July 2, 2017

L.A. Colors Matte Lipstick in Stay Put Plum - Review

I purchased this  L.A. Colors Matte Lipstick in Stay Put Plum for $1 on a whim when I was at Big Lots.  They only had a few shades and most were bolder and brighter, but as I didn't have anything like this, I thought I would give it a try.

The description on L.A. Colors website describes it as:
"Mad about matte color. Get the matte look in a non-drying formula enriched with Vitamin E & Aloe Vera. This flat finish lip color is on-trend and available with our contour tip for more precise application."

I was worried it would look too non-human and be relegated to just wearing around the house, special occasions or Halloween, but on your lips is a lighter shade of purple-tinged magenta and makes your lips stand out without looking gaudy.

The sharp angle cut on the lip helps you to outline the edges with the tip then glide on, although I think it would like higher-end if you use an actual lip pencil in a darker shade.

It doesn't glide on as easy as higher end lipsticks and has a heavier feel on the lips, but it does add a lot of moisture and is better than another drug store brands.  

I think this will be a great shade for Fall outfits that have more of the deep, rich colors or if you are Goth and as it has a vampy vibe.

This is a shade I will purchase again and may try out other shades as I am happy with the look of this one.

Pros:
  • Color is lighter on your lips than it is in the case - more of a purplish magenta.
  • Glides on as easy as most drugstore brands 
  • Does keep your lips moisturized 
  • Color does stand out without looking too gaudy
  • Would go best with the richer tones of Fall and Winter clothing and makeup
  • Would be great for a Goth look as it has a vampy vibe.


Cons: 
  • Doesn't glide on as easy as higher end brands.
  • Does have a heavier feel due to the infusion of Vitamin E and Aloe - might not be the best lipstick for Summer.
  • Deep, rich color is more of a Fall or Winter shade and if you are fair skinned could overpower your face.


This is what the lipstick looked like when I put it on in my van using only the rear view mirror and with no liner.



I liked this product so much I left a similar review on their website along with the pics - if you find it for $1 somewhere, would recommend giving it a try:)

No comments:

Post a Comment