Saturday, September 16, 2017

Luxe by Mr. Bubble - All Buttered Up Body Butter in Original Scent - Review




As a kid I used to envy my cousins that got to use Mr. Bubble every night in their tub as it was not a luxury my Mom could afford so I was excited to find there is a grown-up version of a few items such as the above body butter.

I purchased online at Ulta  where it was listed for sale for $10, but purchased when they had a "Buy One, get 50% off" sale.  This Body Butter is an 8 oz container in a cute retro themed container with a metal lid and plastic tub.

The body butter in the tub is less like butter than others I have used and goes on lighter and feels more like a cream. The product contain Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and Coconut Oil.

It is scented and it has a clean fresh scent.  A family member thought it smelled a little like strawberries, but Mr. Bubble's website indicates it is a "Bubble Gum" scent with coconut, banana, and peach with notes of Wintergreen and Hawaiian Jasmine.

I like to use it on any dry areas after a bath. It does easily glide on and absorbed without being too oily feeling and the scent lingers for a few minutes but is very subtle.

I did notice if I use it on my hands and wash them within about 20 minutes, unless I scrub a lot with soap and water, it does seem to bring the emollients to the top and can feel it.   Also, I would not recommend using on the face if you use makeup as it does seem to interfere with the foundation or other products sticking to your skin as it has created a barrier.

I really enjoy this product had within a few month I have used the product up and do plan on repurchasing this product during a sale.

PROS:

  • Fun retro packaging
  • Clean, fresh scent
  • Glides on easily and absorbs without being too oily
  • Condition dry skin
  • Lighter and less buttery than most body butters, if  you like a lighter product
  • Is less expensive than many body butters on the market


CONS:

  • Not as "buttery" or waxy as other body butters; if expecting that might be disappointed
  • Not good to use on hands or any area you wash frequently as it brings up the emollient
  • Not good to use on face if you wear makeup as it creates a barrier and foundation and other products don't stick.
  • Is more expensive than thick lotions you could purchase at a drug store that would do a similar job (but would not be as fun as this product).




Body Butter up close


Body Butter on back of hand

No comments:

Post a Comment