Sunday, June 23, 2019

CLEAN CAR HACKS! How to Clean & Organize Your Car!



I subscribe to the above channel posting as she has to good tips for cleaning your car and shares some unique products.well and well worth a watch.

Note:  Links to products she shows are on her channel below the video.  Most are under $20, but a few of them there may be a lower cost alternative, so I have included that below as well. 

In the video, she has inexpensive DIY Window Cleaner and a DIY Seatbelt cleaner and I plan on trying out the window cleaner some time.

CRAFT FOAM PAINT BRUSHES TO CLEAN VENTS
I think this is a pretty genius idea.   Most of the craft shops sell individual ones for under $1 or you might be able to find a small bag at Dollar Tree.

WINDOW SCRAPER
She uses a plastic window scraper to get bits off a window or windshield and it links to a pan scraper, but you might be able to pick up cheaper at Walmart or a pack of putty scrapers from Home Depot for around $4.

FLUBBER LOOKING DUST CLEANER

I have to say I have never seen anything like it, but I am intrigued and it looks like it might be fun to play with.   The cost is currently $7.99 on Amazon. 

In Googling, I did find a https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-make-cleaning-slime-for-electronics/ that uses borax, white Elmer's glue and water that would be much cheaper to make and it looked like it was working on a keyboard.  This may be a DIY in my future.

Photo;  Screenshot from video

Screenshot from video


BLINGED STEERING WHEEL COVER

This her mother got it for her and it is currently on Amazon for $14.57. 

Although I have picked up steering wheel covers at Walmart on clearance for $3 before and I suppose you could pick up bling ribbon from Dollar Tree or a crafts store and glue it around the outside that it might be slightly cheaper, it is not likely to last up as long and probably worth the investment.

CREVICE STORAGE BOXES

I had considered making something to attach to the door of my car to hold things, but I like this idea of utilizing the crevice between the console and seat to store things better and it looks upscale.

Currently, a set of 2 for $16.95 (on Amazon and it comes with spacers to help keep it open a bit.  If I had a nicer vehicle it might be worth investment, but on Ol' Red, my 2000 Hyundai Accent, it would probably look too much out of place, so space may continue to be an occasional 2 pocket binder holder.


SEAT HOOKS

I had not seen this before, but I love the idea.  I checked Walmart's website and although they have some individual ones that are cheaper, they also look more flimsy, so the deal for a pack of 4 for $6.90 on Amazon does seem like the best deal so far.


SILICONE BAKING MOLDS FOR IN CONSOLE 

It would make sense to have something you can put in and take out, but I have never had an in-console drink holder like this, but these cupcake molds can come in handy for a variety of things and can be picked up inexpensively at end of season Christmas sales.  I think the last ones I bought were at Walmart for $1.25 for 6 at after Christmas sale.

CAR SEAT PROTECTOR WITH TWO POCKETS 

If you cart around a young child in a car seat, at $24.97 on Amazon, it is probably going to be worth the investment.

A cheaper, but less aesthetically pleasing alternative that I used when my son was young was an old baby blanket and vinyl table cloth picked up at a 75% end of a season clearance sale on top of that.

CAR ORGANIZERS

For a hang on the back seat organizer, Sew Can She has a tutorial to make your own backseat car organizer, but the large grommet kit, even with a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby or similar one JoAnn's will cost more than buying one.  Making your own though would you could use a cheery fabric and it would be one of a kind, but both Amazon or  Walmart and have several inexpensive options.

I don't have one presently, but the last one I picked up for $2 from a thrift store and it looked brand new. 

In the past, I had purchased a trunk organizer off of Amazon that had a place for cold storage in the center in the past but found wasn't using it like I thought I would.   

Instead, I replaced it with storage cubes like this from Dollar Tree for $1 each and inserted a box approximately the same size inside for structure to hold up better.


No comments:

Post a Comment