Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Burger King's FARMHOUSE KING™ Burger - Review


This is Burger King's newest sandwich offering called the FARMHOUSE KING™ Burger.

It is advertised as being a 1/2 pound flame-grilled burger topped with thick cut bacon, American Cheese, Crispy Onions, ketchup, a signature creamy sauce and a fried eg on a toasted sesame seed bun.

I purchased the meal that included french fries and a drink for $10.67.

When saw the wrapper I knew it was going to be a big sandwich and when I opened it some bits of bacon and the few pieces of Crispy Onion that were on the sandwich fell out when I opened the wrapper fell off the sandwich which is the first clue it would be a messy sandwich to eat.  You almost need a knife and fork to eat it.

With there being two large double beef patties I have no doubt it was a 1/2 lbs sandwich and it was so big I could barely get it in my mouth.  There was so much burger that it drowned out the egg, bacon and any sauce that might be on the burger.  

I have had an egg on a Prince of Royal Burger at Steak N Shake and I liked that layer of flavor that it added, but obviously if you don't like eggs or you are trying to keep your cholesterol down or you might not like this additional flavor on a sandwich.  I might have liked it on this sandwich but as I said, too much burger to everything else ratio.

Unless you are a growing teenager or very athletic it is really too much sandwich for one person and at 1220 calories (per bk.com's website) it takes up more than 1/2 of the recommended daily allowance for calories.

I think this product would be much better if the eliminated one of the burgers, skipped the ketchup and just had their special sauce.

Pros:
  • Is a whole lotta burger - you could probably easily split this between two people.
  • Several pieces of thick, crispy bacon
  • Is high in protein 63g, so most people could meet or exceed their recommended daily allowance for that with just this sandwich
Cons:
  • Too much and too messy of a Burger to eat while driving; almost need a fork and a knife so it doesn't get all over your clothes.
  • High in calories at 1200 calories.  Is also high in fat at 80g and cholesteral at 62g
  • Expensive - is almost as much as two of the value meals on sale.
  • Too much burger to everything else ratio - it drowns out the other flavors. 
In summation, if you order this burger, I recommend asking that one of the burgers be left off and see what discount on the sandwich or meal is without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment