Saturday, March 17, 2018

100 Day Declutter - DAY 25 - Repurpose Unused Hair Accessories With Nail Polish -#KanDIY

In going through more items as part of the declutter I found some headbands and barrettes I had not used in awhile and I also have a massive amount of nail polish and I had recalled seeing the video below from Youtuber Kandee Johnson and decided to combine the two.

The above was a braided gold band that you find in places like Walgreens and Target and it was too dressy for work, but after painting with from her collaboration with Sinful Colors "Licorice", which is a black color which tones it down and matches more of  my wardrobe. 

Below are a few more using Sinful Colors from the Kandee Johnson line so I can match my hair accessories to my nails.




I used the last of the Kanfetti nail polish on this headband.

I only painted the outside of this headband and when it is on an not so close up it looks pretty good.


This one is a Revlon polish in "Teak Rose" on an different braided headband.


In the video below Kandee had ideas to use nail polish on 9 things besides nails (and hair accessories).  

I also tried the black on a pair on sneaker type shoes (Propet brand) but it it crackled upon a day of wear and ended up using a Sharpie and trying that instead, but it could be a different type of rubber material.

No comments:

Post a Comment