Thursday, June 7, 2018

Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale - Some Items as Low as $3.00; Check Your Package Upon Arrival



Bath and Body Works is currently having their Semi-Annual Sale with some products such as lotions and wall fragrances starting at only $3.00.  

You can also get $10 off of a $40 or more purchase with the code GOHAUL.   If you sign up for cash back through Ebates, you can also currently earn 1% cash back on your purchase.

I have been a long-time customer of Bath and Body Works and enjoyed every product I have purchased so far (some more than others due to personal preferences), but I did have an incident after the last Semi-Annual sale with an online purchase.

I had ordered four items and received a box with only one item (picture below).  I figured that that either the items were on backorder or out-of-stock, but upon inspecting the packing list, it indicated the items had been shipped.

I contacted their Customer Service Dept. and inquired about it and they advised that the items had shipped.  I wrote back and indicated my box only contained one, perhaps the items were out of stock and incorrectly marked?   They advised that they do not weigh the box until all items are packed and it weighed 4 lbs and that would be the weight of the items that were shipped.

Actually, this bothered me even more as it seemed to indicate it was not just an oversight during a busy spurt, it would seem like someone would have had to have taken the items out of the box after weighing then shipped.   When I expressed that concern they indicated that perhaps the box was damaged during shipping and re-packaged by the mail carrier.

I advised I had their box and it was not damaged and could send them a picture.  I did point out I was a long-time customer that could be verified with my account history, enjoyed their products and wished to continue to make online purchases but the whole situation but needed to be able to count on getting what I had paid for.  

They did finally agree to send the missing items if still in stock or refund the difference and I was made whole and I did make another purchase after this with no problems.  

I do want to say that the Customer Service responses were prompt and professional and the situation was resolved in 2 days even with back and forth emails.  In life, mistakes happen and I understand that things are going to be perfect all the time.

However, I do recommend opening your box and checking right away to be sure everything is in there.


(As I am still trying to de-clutter, as painful as it is going to be, I will not be purchasing anything during this sale so there will not be a post-sale haul post).

No comments:

Post a Comment