Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Dairy Queen - Guardians Awesome Mix Blizzard - Review

Guardians Awesome Mix Blizzard - has a brownie cookie mix they have dubbed "brookies" caramel, and choco bits mixed in a vanilla soft serve product.




They say a picture says a thousand words and in this case, I find it to be true.

Picture of Dairy Queen Guardians Awesome Mix Blizzard from my local Dairy Queen is above.  Picture of from product on Dairy Queen's website.   It reminds me of the Sesame Street Song "Which One Is Not Like The Other".

The new offering is a tie-in to the new "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" that is currently out in theaters.  It has a brownie/cookie mix that is baked together and they have dubbed "brookies", along with a little bit caramel, and choco bits mixed in a vanilla soft serve.


As you can see, my Blizzard doesn't have a plethora of bits on the top; actually, not only did I not see any on the top, I didn't see any when digging around with my spoon either.   When I did eat it I did feel little bits of the "brookie" along with caramel and some bits of chocolate in my vanilla soft-serve, so it did taste how I expected it to; it just didn't look like it.  

The contrast in the different textures of chewy brookies was more prevalent than the caramel and chocolate against the cold but less creamy than ice cream soft serve had a nice contrast and overall was an enjoyable product, but with the chewy bits, I wouldn't serve it to kids under 3.

Also have to note that this, like any product of its kind, is high in calories, not to mention sodium, and should be a "treat" to only be consumed occasionally.   

I was surprised to see how high; as large is 1230 calories, so it can easily put you over the daily recommended allowance as half or more of the allotted amount for the day, so you might want to go with a smaller size if you want to try one.





Photo:  Source


Photo:  Source


No comments:

Post a Comment