Monday, May 22, 2017

Godzilla Egg


I have made versions of this before, but I used an upside blue plastic "Easter Egg" I purchased to make a "Godzilla" egg for my 17-year old nephew for his Godzilla collection.  What teen doesn't need that eccentric Aunt to tell stories about?

A tutorial on how to make this type of egg I have posted on the craft site as Dragon Easter Eggs on Cut Out + Keep and this one is pretty much the same.

You start with a plastic egg with a flat bottom (so no need to add a display laundry detergent lid or Gatorade top) and a hot glue gun with glue and draw designs on the egg,


After that, it is time to paint the egg. I chose a brown and a dark green paint and dabbed on the egg with a sponge brush to give it a mottled look.


To accentuate the ridges drawn on with the glue, I then used a green and a maroon/brown nail polish. 

To seal the project I used a clear coat which not only protects the egg, but made is shiny and display ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment