Sunday, May 21, 2017

Five Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With a Sewing Machine



Usually, when I stumble across sewing hacks they are things I have seen/used before, and although the buttonhole method at the end using a zigzag stitch is the only one I  have ever used on a machine, (although I use a multipurpose foot), the rest were new to me, so I thought I would share here.

The video shows how to:


  • Use a rolled hem foot to make a hem
  • Embroidery using a regular sewing machine
  • '"Pouncing" - a method to transfer a pattern
  • "Couching" or yarn drawing on fabric - method was used to make Scarlett Johansson's suits in the "Avengers".
  • Buttonhole using a zigzag stitch 

Do you have or know of any sewing hacks to share?  If so, please post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment