Sunday, August 27, 2017

Lay's Wavy Potato Chips - Fried Green Tomato


This chip is one of 3 contenders for Lay's Potato Chips Do Us A Flavor competition where fans submit chip ideas, a few are chosen for testing and the public gets to vote for their favorite and the winner will be kept.

The above was at Subway and I included it in my meal to make it a Combo and I decided to try the Fried Green Tomato as the Everything Bagel didn't sound like it would go well with my sub any more than the Crispy Taco, which are the other two contenders which I plan to try before the contest ends.  

 Here is what the bag looks like open.  In trying the chips they are very crunchy like they have been deep fried, but I really didn't taste much tomato.  Was more like an overdone french french fry with seasoned salt.  I wanted to see if it was just me so I had the person I was with taste a few and they too got the deep fried taste of a potato, but not really anything else.

Although it sounded like a good concept, it failed on the execution to me and this one will not be getting my vote.  However...


They were a great addition to my sub sandwich to give it a crunchy texture to take it to the next level of great.  Nearly any sandwich can be improved if you add any kind of potato chips in my book and I am surprised more places aren't including it on their sandwiches.


Here is the nutritional information on the back of the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment