Wednesday, February 21, 2018

100 Day Declutter - DAY 20 - 2 Blankets

Items:          2 blankets


Owned for:    3-10 years

Why I kept it:    
  • The red fleece blanket a friend had given me so it was for sentimental reasons.
  • The  comforter was almost new.  I had purchased for my son's bed in hopes he would let go of his old blankets I had patched to death already.  He didn't like it as it was "stiff" and not "broken in"  like the ones he had and he didn't like the print; it was wadded up at the foot of the bed.  
Why letting go:   
  • My ex said it was cold in his room and was going to purchase additional bedding.  I loved the red blanket my friend had given me but it was used often and getting worn but otherwise good condition.  
  • Son moved out nearly 2 years ago and had only spend the night once.  There is still one of his old blankets.
Destination: Gave to my Ex

Overall Status of Declutter:

It is discouraging that I am only on Day 20 and over a month behind chronologically, but the 100 days will be 100 days total.

One thing that has been curtailed is a lot of impulse spending because if I bring something in, I something else has to go out.  I am sure Amazon misses me, as does Ebay, J.C. Penney, Dollar Tree and the resale and thrift stores in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment