Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Burger King Sourdough King Double Bacon Sandwich - Review

This is a new offering at Burger King and an upsized Combo meal of the Sourdough King Double Bacon Sandwich was $10.47 with tax at the location that I visited.

You get get the flame-broiled burgers. a slice of a cheese product, two pieces of bacon, a few pieces of onion and their special sauce served on a toasted Sourdough bun.

The Sourdough bread had a nice flavor and was lightly toasted, but I felt that the bread it was not substantial to stand up to the heaviness of the two burgers and the bread to burger ratio seemed to be off.  The bacon was crispy, but again, with having two burgers, it seemed lost in the sandwich as well.

I also don't think the special sauce works without having a tomato involved.  I ended up using a packet of mayo that I had got to dip my fries in to doctor it up a bit.

 The sandwich itself is also high in calories at 970 and at 1640 g of Sodium, if you have fries you probably going over the recommended daily allowance. 

It might work better if it was a single burger to make it tastier and cust down on calories and sodium and if I were to ever order one again, I would ask one of the burgers not be included in the sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment