Saturday, October 26, 2019

Thrift Store Find - Simplicity 5009 - 1972 Dress and Paint Suit Pattern

While I left this at the thrift store as it is to make a Size 12 (but I am not) but I put in took out of my cart many times before leaving it there.

It is a Simplicity 5009 pattern from 1972.  It has simple lines but still had that 70's retro vibe that could be updated by just using modern fabric.  

It looks like a fairly simple pattern and I could probably easily upsize it except it has one element from some 70's fashions that I hate; the dreaded back zipper.  

I made a pair of pants that were similar in the mid-'70s and it was a nightmare to get off and on as you have to reach in back and unhook (most called for a hook and eye closure) and unzip.   

I think I only wore them a few times when the zipper got stuck in the back and I could get it up or down and ended up breaking the zipper.  

I ended up tying a jacket around my waist for the rest of the day because the only thing holding it closed was the hook and eye.  Even with the jacket there, I still felt a breeze.  

Yeah, the back zip pants can stay in the '70s as far as I am concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment