Sunday, October 27, 2019

Hong Kong Seam Finish


 Photo:   Sew-Easy

Most of the time I don't finish my seams (except pinking shears) when sewing as it adds time and can add cost, but if you are sewing something you want to last, making a higher-end piece, using expensive fabric or alternately an inexpensive fabric or one that prone unravel or lose its shape, it is a good idea to finish the seam as it will help it to last longer and look more professional.

I had not seen or heard of this method before and read on it on a blog I follow, Sew-Easy.   

It involves sewing a seam binding to one edge, folding it over half over the seam and stitching it down.  I like the clean look it has in the pictures above.  I have been thinking about making a coat and if I do, I think I will try this method.

For the tutorial, visit the post on  Sew-Easy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment