Saturday, October 19, 2019

More Thrift Store Donations - Undergarments and Son's Clothing from Early-Mid 2000's


Yesterday I started going through more items in one of my dressers and in my son's closet.   Most of the above was in a drawer that I had some of my craft stuff in front of I don't think I had opened it since 2004.

I had stopped at a garage sale a week ago and picked up 6 items so I needed to get rid of at least that many items to stay of my continuing declutter plan.

It has some pretty lacy bras from Frederick's of Hollywood, Victoria's Secret and other such brands that I used to wear.   I now buy more utilitarian ones and the goal is not to look sexy, it is to try to prevent sagging.

There are also a few girdle-type products for a flat tummy under all garments.  That too has changed and I now buy one with a less firm hold for more comfort and the goal is not to jiggle. 

There are also a few pairs of socks as I need to wear ones with more support/compression:  either athletic socks, like Puma (which my son left behind when he moved out) or lighter weight compression stocking, mostly off of Amazon.com.

I have to admit it was easier to let go of the above that it was some of the items that remained in my son's old closet that I have been going through. 

This is a shirt my son wore all of the time for several years, but he now shies away from bright colors and it is too big on him as he lost a lot of weight when he worked at a scale company and was lifting weights to calibrate machinery and walking vast distances.   

This shirt is still in good condition and I hope it goes to a good home,

I remember my son wanting to get this at the thrift store and begged me to get it because it had a race car on it and he has always loved cars.  I am not sure he wore it more than once as he was worried about getting it dirty before it made its way slowly to the back of the closet. 


This is another one my son liked to wear during his skateboarding phase as it protected his arm from a rash in case he felt .

I don't think he ever fell while wearing this one because except for being a little faded, it is still in good condition.



There are a few other items like a short sleeved denim shirt and a khaki outfit that always seemed to need ironing so I would say "pick something else" and it too made it's way toward the back of the closet.



This is the one item that is newer - itis a pair of Propet shoes I bought 2-3 years ago.   The black area on the right shoe is cosmetic as I only wore the shoes a few times.

They are to be washable and after they got a little muddy after wearing a few times I washed them in a lingerie bag and put in the dryer.  They shrank.  I tried a trick I found online to try soaking them in water with a high concentration of fabric softener and air-dried but it only helped a little so it is time to donate them. 

I have purchased over half a dozen pairs of Propet shoes in the past five years as they are very comfortable and the soles have 1,000 guarantee and they have styles that are more contemporary without looking gym-shoe-ish (which is not suitable for work).

I have a pair I have put at least that many miles on and the soles are fine, but the uppers started falling apart early on and I have repaired them several times with E6000 glue.

This was taken to the North Franciscan Family Thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment