Friday, January 26, 2018

100 Day Challenge - Declutter - DAY 14 - Xersion™ Short Sleeve Sweater Dress-Plus

Item:           Xersion™ Short Sleeve Sweater Dress-Plus - purchased on sale online at J.C. Penney in
                 December. 


Picture from website:
Owned for:  - A month

Why I kept it:    
    • Looked cute in the picture J.C. Penney's website; maybe it was just my mirror at home.
    • Material felt very comfortable, thought I might wear it as a nightgown
Why letting go:   
    • Was more like a thin sweatshirt ype knit more than a sweater and a cheap one.
    • Color was a lighter gray than expected
    • When tried on the cross-over thing at the bottom looked like a mistake in construction.
    • Clingy in all the wrong areas.  Felt it look like kittens tied in a bag struggling to get out when I walked when looking in a full length mirror.   While bad lightly would impact color, it wouldn't really change that.

Destination:  Returned it to the store

In the past, I probably would have kept it and used it as a nightgown or around the house because of the hassle to have to go the store and wait in line (as I could not justify paying return shipping).

I am trying to pare down to things that I actually like and need and no sense starting out with a garment I really don't like just because it was comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment