Monday, January 8, 2018

100 Day Challenge - Declutter - Day Six - 5 Video Tapes and a DVD of Cartoons



Items:           5 Video Tapes and a DVD of Cartoons.  


Owed for:    10+ Years

Why I kept these   
  • The DVD "Liberty Kids" was given to my son a present from a friend. 
  • Never finished watching 1990 movie "Cadence" with Charlie Sheen. I watched a few minutes several times and I just couldn't get into the movie.  It had good ratings and many people praised it and from what I was told,I didn't view far enough into the film to get to the good part, so I kept it.
  • 2002's "Bloodwork" with Clint Eastwood - my Mom was a Clint Eastwood fan, although this movie came out after she passed away, still made me think of her.
  • 1990's "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" was a thrift store purchase because my son asked if he could get a movie about a car.  I didn't realize until after purchasing it starred the obnoxious Andrew Dice Clay, who was best known for telling foul mouthed, limericks and jokes that degraded women, then when blasted for it went on a talk show and cried saying it was just a character he created, not how he really felt.  
  • 2001 "Swordfish" had a great cast of John Travolta, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Don Cheadle and Sam Shepard.
  • VHS tape of 1988 movie "Perfect Murder" starring Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow.  A nearby neighbor's husband like to tape shows before he passed away and we didn't have cable at the time so she gave us a box of shows he had taped.
Why letting go:   
  • Part of my declutter is to get rid of at least as many items as I buy (except for food and I have an Ulta haul that came in the mail.
  • My son has long since stopped watching cartoons.
  • If I  haven't watched "Cadence" by now, I am probably never going to.
  • Can usually find a Clint Eastwood movie on Netflix or Hulu or could find one to rent at Family Video.
  • The "Ford Fairlane" movie was hidden at the back of the bookshelf hoping my son would forget about it and as I don't recall seeing him watch it, I am pretty sure he has by now.  If he asks about it I will tell him I saw a lunch on TV that Andrew Dice Clay was on a reality show with a wife that is young enough to be his daughter and it is probably the jist of that movie.
  • While "Swordfish" had a great cast, I am not really a big fan of "heist" type films.
  • I finally had gotten around to watching "Perfect Murder" and no need to keep the tape now.

Destination:    Thrift store, although I am not sure they can sell the taped VHS one - if I come across more like 
                        that, will probably put out as free on social media.   

                        Old VHS tapes also make good building blocks to make a town and garage for Hot Wheels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment