Tuesday, January 9, 2018

100 Day Challenge - Declutter - Day Seven - 2 Issues of National Geographic



Items:           2 Issues of National Geographic - August 2016 & March 2017


Owed for:    Over 1 year and nearly a year

Why I kept it:    
  •  I had subscribed to National Geographic as they always have interesting articles and beautiful pics
  • If you can stand to tear them up, the pages with pictures are great to wrap small presents in for Christmas. 
Why letting go:   
  •  Never got around to reading either issue, not because not interesting, usually just read things online  in the evenings instead.
  •  As they do have a lot of informative information, it has been hard to tear out pages to wrap presents as I think someone might enjoy them.

Destination:    Gave to a Marv (ex- husband) to read; he takes magazines and books he has read to a Little Free 
                       Library.

I used to subscribe to many magazines when I worked 3rd shift in a call center as could flip through during down times and drop what I was doing as soon as phone call came in headset.

As part of my declutter going forward, I have cancelled renewals and will not subscribe to any new magazines this year to see which ones I really miss after a year and hopefully Publisher's Clearinghouse, MAD Magazine, Mercury Magazines and Blue Dolphin can stay will still be in business.

In the meantime, I am trying to find my Library card so I can check out magazines from the library if I do get rid of them all and need something to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment